Argentina, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States.
1. It only applies to passengers who transiting through Beijing Capital International Airport in Beijing, Shanghai Pudong International Airport and Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport. The destination and place of departure cannot be the same.(e.g Auckland – Shanghai - Auckland)
2. It does not apply to passengers who travelling by train, ship or other transportation.
3. Visitors are not allowed to leave the city to other cities during the 72-hour visa-free period. You must depart from the city where you arrive in. For example, you arrived at the Shanghai Pudong Airport, you must depart from Shanghai, NOT from the Beijing Capital International Airport or other airports.
4. The 72 hours will be counted from the time when the transit permit is granted, not from the time when the flight land at the airport.
5. For more information, please contact:
Beijing Exit and Entry Frontier Inspection 0086 10 56095400
Shanghai Exit and Entry Frontier Inspection 0086 21 51105100